Advertisement
AZ Pediatría
Article not rated

Vol. 2 - Num. 6

Original Papers

Monosymtomatic primary enuresis. A 100 cases study

S Sanjuán, Aída Pérezb, R González, I Vargas, L Davara, M Luque, JR Gutiérrez


bPsicóloga. Servicio de Psiquiatría. Hospital Infanta Cristina. Badajoz. España.

Reference of this article: Sanjuán S, Pérez A, González R, Vargas I, Davara L, Luque M, et al. Monosymtomatic primary enuresis. A 100 cases study. Rev Pediatr Aten Primaria. 2000;2:205-221.

Published in Internet: 30-06-2000 - Visits: 7034

Abstract

We revised 100 cases of children with primary monosyntomatic functional enuresis. We analysed their response to treatment with desmopresine, imipramine, alarm devices, together with psychological and psychiatric support. 93% of patients had positive response to the initial treatment with desmopresine, maintaining the treatment between 1 and 9 months .The remaining 7 % didn?t respond to desmopresine so in these cases the children psychological and psychiatric consultancies coordinated with our Department initiated treatment with alarm devices (pee-pee-stop) and/or imipramine (alone or combined with each other) according to the individual planning of each case. We didn?t observe complications with the medical treatment used according to the prescribed plan. According to our results, we consider that enuretic children can be treated in the Primary Health Centre and only, when the initial treatment fails they should be sent to specialised consultancy to rule out bladder dysfunction or other urological o psychopathological diseases.

Keywords

Alarm device Desmopresine Enuresis Imipramine Psychopatological disorders

This content is not available in html format but you may download it in Acrobat Reader (PDF).

Comments

This article has no comments yet.